We link your Github account to your SpringRole account so that we can pull stats about from Github and let you showcase a richer professional profile.
We do not use Github authentication but instead rely on Public Gists to acertain the Github profile that belongs to you.
Here are the steps to link both -
1. Login to your Github profile. (https://github.com/)
2. Go to https://gist.github.com/ to create a new Gist.
3. Enter any title and copy the content given to you in SpringRole. To get the content, click on your Profile icon on the top right and then click on Settings. Then click on the Profile Modules tab and you will see an option to Link Github Profile. Once you click there, a popup will open and you should get the content that you need to copy to your Gist.
You profile should also have a prompt to Link your Github Profile and you can click that to open the popup with the content.
4. Once you enter the content, click on Create Public Gist. Once your Gist is created, you need to copy the public URL on the gist and paste in the URL field of the popup that you see on SpringRole.
5. Once this is done, you Github profile should be linked. If you faced any difficulty during the entire process, feel free to open a support ticket to help you out.